Volunteers support every aspect of our work and are crucial to almost everything we do at The Mulberry Centre! We are a friendly team and rely on the variety and diversity that our volunteers bring. Their generosity and commitment to donating their time and skills helps people as they deal with the impact of cancer on their lives.
Join our volunteer team and meet new, amazing people and get a buzz knowing you are making a difference. You will be a much-valued part of our team, have fun, and will make new friends.
The Mulberry Centre recognises the important contribution that volunteers make to the Centre and is committed to providing a supportive environment and delivering training relevant to the roles undertaken.
Each year we undertake a survey to obtain feedback from our volunteers, evaluate the findings and take on board any concerns or ideas. The results of the 2023 survey can be read here
There are many ways you can get involved as a volunteer at The Mulberry Centre, whether it’s helping at the Centre, being involved in the community, or organising at one of our events.
The Benefits of Volunteering
If you haven’t volunteered before or you want to try a new volunteering role, there are many benefits you may not have considered before:
- We have a variety of roles to choose from where you can learn new skills or practice existing skills.
- You will receive on-going training and feel supported in your role.
- You’ll gain experience to add to your CV and gain confidence.
- You’ll meet new people and maybe make new friends, whilst you’re contributing to your local community.
- Our volunteers feel more connected and less socially isolated and as a result improve their mental and physical health, and sense of wellbeing.
- You will know that you’re making a positive difference to peoples’ lives.
- Hours can be flexible, depending on the role. It can be something enjoyable and fun! Plus, it shouldn’t cost you money, travel expenses are all re-imbursed.
There are many ways you can get involved as a volunteer at The Mulberry Centre, whether it is at the Centre or getting involved in outreach or events in the community. Volunteers are a hugely important part of our team. We have Welcomers who meet and greet people as they come into the Centre, and volunteers who provide a range of services including: counselling, complementary therapies, workshops, and well-being classes. In addition, we have volunteers in roles supporting our Centre with office administration, fundraising, general maintenance, and gardening. We also have roles out in the local community such as outreach and community engagement, and ad-hoc helpers at events.
To view our current vacancies click here: Volunteer Vacancies – The Mulberry Centre