As a charity, we rely on donations to continue our support of people affected by cancer. If you leave a gift in your Will, you can ensure that The Mulberry Centre (Reg. Charity No: 1108999) is here providing a lifeline for local people affected by cancer for generations to come.
Unfortunately, the number of people diagnosed with cancer is increasing, with one in two people getting cancer in their lifetime.
"The Mulberry Centre must carry on. It is absolutely essential. The staff, the volunteers, the experts - all are kind, friendly and practical. There's no oversentimental nonsense - it's all done in a busy, cooperative way. I really enjoy being there. Quietly, unobtrusively, they work miracles."
More and more people affected by cancer are registering with The Mulberry Centre. This trend is likely to continue in the future. We need to continue to provide information and support to a greater number of people. Without support from the local community, we will not be able to continue our much-needed services.
Have you considered leaving a gift in your Will to The Mulberry Centre?
Imagine a community without The Mulberry Centre. There would be no support and information locally for people affected by cancer. No free support to help people feel in control, no information to help people make the right decisions, and no activities or services to enhance people’s physical, psychological and emotional wellbeing. No lifeline when cancer comes crashing into their lives.
Once you have ensured that the people closest to you have been provided for, please consider The Mulberry Centre in your Will. Your donation would make a huge difference to people affected by cancer. You can leave as little as 1% of your estate ensuring you can take care of those closest to you, and perform an act of kindness which can have an impact for generations to come.
Why make a Will?
• A Will makes it much easier for your family and friends to sort everything out when you die – without a Will the process can be more time consuming and stressful.
• If you don’t write a Will, everything you own will be shared out in a standard way defined by law – which isn’t always the way you want.
• A Will can help reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax that might be payable on the value of property and money you leave behind.
• Writing a Will is especially important if you have children or other family who depend on you financially, or if you want to leave something to people outside your immediate family.
• We would recommend that your Will is drafted by a qualified solicitor.
If you already have a Will, and you feel would like to add The Mulberry Centre to your Will (or any other charity), your solicitor can help you to add a form called a Codicil to your existing will. You just need to quote Reg. Charity No: 1108999 for The Mulberry Centre.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss leaving a gift in your Will or if you plan to leave a gift. Call 020 8321 6300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download our Leaving a Gift in your Will Guide here which includes practical tools on how to leave a gift and information about what type of gifts you can leave. We also offer a free will service at certain times of the year.
If you do choose to remember The Mulberry Centre in your Will, you can rest assured that we will make the most of your gift and respect your wishes.
1. We know and respect that your Will is a private and a personal matter. You don’t need to tell us how much you are leaving to us, or even that you are planning to leave anything to us at all.
2. We know that those closest to you will likely come first. Leaving as little as 1% to The Mulberry Centre means you can take care of your family and perform an act of kindness which can have an impact for generations to come.
3. When administrating the gift, we will not pass your details on to anyone else without your prior and explicit permission and we will show your loved ones compassion, integrity and honesty in our legacy administration.
4. You can come to us at any time to discuss your Will and we can signpost you to a solicitor who can support you.
5. Your gift is in safe hands. We will look after every gift, large or small, to ensure it is spent where it will have the greatest impact for people affected by cancer.