Growing and Gardening Competition
Do you have a love of plants and gardening or want to give it a go?
Why not join in our virtual gardening and growing photo competition this year?
Our lovely volunteer gardener Nicky has put together this competition to help raise money for The Mulberry Centre as we are unable to run our annual Plant Sale for a second year.
The competition is open to everyone regardless of ability, age or location.
TRY SOMETHING NEW TO HELP YOUR LOCAL CANCER SUPPORT CHARITY
Whether you have a garden, flowerbed, allotment, vegetable trough, a patch of weeds or just 1 flowering house plant there will be a category for you to enter.
There are 11 fun and creative categories to choose from so enter as many as you feel able and don ‘t forget to tell family, friends, colleagues and peers too.
All plant materials must be yours and home grown except for the fruit and vegetable monster.
To enter please donate £5 for the first category and £3 for each additional category at Virtual Gardening and Growing Photo Competition.
Please add your name to your donation and give consent for The Mulberry Centre to contact you.
Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly state your name and which categories you have entered. Closing date for photo submission 30th June 2021.
Winners in each category will be notified by email in July after judging.
Prizes include garden vouchers, LSA vases, wine and chocolates.
1. Best single bloom in a vase
2. Colourful cut flowers and foliage in a kitchen container (jug, saucepan, bowl etc. Be creative)
3. Bunch of cut herbs in a jam jar or other recycled container
4. Flowering indoor potted plant (any type)
5. Planted flowering window box or garden planter
6. Planted mixed vegetable and or fruit bed or trough
7. 5 Radishes on a plain plate (As uniform as possible with roots and a trimmed top)
8. A row of growing lettuce
9. Tidiest shed
10. Tallest weed in your garden
11. Monster made from fruit and or vegetables
We are here to help, contact our fundraising team on 020 8321 6304 or email us for further guidance email@example.com